Jehovah-Jireh Farm

Pasture-raised meats and eggs


Bridge across Furnace Branch

An old bridge located near the Johnson Iron Furnace site. It was built of stone and repaired several times with concrete and concrete block. The Johnson Iron Furnace site is located close to the parking lot on Route 28. All that remains now are some holes in the ground and some terracing into the hillside. The Johnson Furnace was built in 1787 by the Johnson brothers who also owned the Catoctin Iron Furnace in Thurmont. The Johnson Furnace produced 12-15 tons of iron a week.

SmallJan_2008_043.jpg