Jehovah-Jireh Farm

Pasture-raised meats and eggs


Indian campsite?

In 1712, the Tuscarora Indians build a large town on the southern part of the Monocacy Natural Resource Management Area (MNRMA) south of Route 28. This is one of the few known Indian towns located in Maryland. The town was located on the west bank of the Monocacy river and spread 1 ½ miles to the west.
This picture shows what is possibly an old Indian campsite located along Furnace Creek which is on the opposite side of the Monocacy River from the Monnockessy Indian Towne.

SmallJan_2008_020.jpg