Jehovah-Jireh Farm

Pasture-raised meats and eggs

Last additions
The Kitchen Before2539 viewsThis is part of the 1850 log section. There is a stone fireplace that is covered over.Feb 13, 2007
Shed After2420 viewsFeb 13, 2007
The Kitchen after2489 viewsFeb 13, 2007
Front of House before2796 viewsThe right side of the house is a two story log cabin built around 1850. The left section of the house was added around 1900.Feb 13, 2007
Front of house After - The house was completely repainted2421 viewsThe pictures in this album show the preservation work that we did from October 6 through December 9, 2006 to get the house ready for us to move into.Feb 13, 2007
Foyer Before2300 viewsThe stair railing and newel posts were caked with wood putty. It was a mess!Feb 13, 2007
Living Room Before2217 viewsThe heart pine floors through out the house had never been sanded after they were installed. They probably had a coat of varnish put on a hundred years ago.Feb 13, 2007
Shed Before2323 viewsFeb 13, 2007
The Girls Bedroom Before2402 viewsThis was the worst room in the house. The windows were boarded up, and plaster was falling off the walls. At first glance it did not appear to have much potential other than a storage area. But look at the after picture and see what was hiding under the plaster.Feb 13, 2007
Back of the house Before2260 viewsThe grass was tall and hard to walk through. Weeds, brush, and sticker bushes were all over the place.Feb 13, 2007
Laundry Room before2240 viewsThis is part of the 1850 log section of the house.Feb 13, 2007
Back of house After2372 viewsFeb 13, 2007
Girls Bedroom After2586 viewsThe log walls turned out beautiful. The girls love their log cabin room. The floor is random width poplar and has a rich brown color.Feb 13, 2007
Living room After2277 viewsThe heart pine floors look beautiful now that they are sanded and varnished.Feb 13, 2007
Laundry room After2304 viewsFeb 13, 2007
Foyer After2334 viewsFeb 13, 2007
Even the youngest ones worked hard1412 viewsLuke (7) and Melody (6) unloading the picnic table and benches from the trailer. Each day we would bring a load of things over to the new farm. All the children wanted to help at the new farm. It was often a challege finding enough work for the younger ones to satisfy them.
Feb 13, 2007
All the walls and ceilings had cracks in the plaster1845 viewsHere Grandpa is removing the fan so we can finish repairing the cracks in the ceiling. This room was the worst. Note all the cracks in the ceiling and walls. After the cracks were dug out it required three coats of Durabond compound.Feb 13, 2007
Daniel painting shoe moulding1321 viewsBefore we started work on the house all the children received training on how to paint. They learned the correct way to hold a paint brush and how to apply the paint. Daniel, age 9, did a good job here painting the shoe mould.Feb 13, 2007
Grandpa replacing window sills1206 viewsGrandpa (Myron's Dad) helped us a lot. He did a lot of the odds and ends that we didn't have time to get doneFeb 13, 2007
Chinking the Log Walls1513 viewsOur sons, Joel and Nathan, chinking the logs in the girl's room. Insulation was first stuffed in the cracks, then wire lath was nailed across the gap. Then a colored mortar was troweled over the lath to simulate mud chinking.
Feb 13, 2007
Cathy Painting1412 viewsMuch of Cathy's time was spent in keeping us fed and keeping the old farm going - cleaning eggs, etc. She also found time to help with fixing up the house.
Feb 13, 2007
Joel doing paint prep1256 viewsOur oldest son, Joel, received a big education in historic preservation work. He worked early morning til dark six days a week.
Feb 13, 2007
Myron Painting the Kitchen Cabinets1398 viewsWe will be remodeling the kitchen in several years. However, a coat of white paint made the old cabinets serviceable until then.
Feb 13, 2007
Plaster Repair - Master Bedroom1227 viewsCathy said the mustard yellow color on the walls of her bedroom had to go! Feb 13, 2007
Exposing the Log Walls in the Girl's Room1410 viewsThe log walls had been covered with plaster and the plaster was in bad shape. We removed the plaster and found flat rocks wedged between the logs. We removed the rocks so we could insulate the space between the logs.
Feb 13, 2007
Joel digging out cracks in the plaster1291 viewsThe plaster was hard and kept wearing down the point on our tools. So we made a tool using case hardened cut nails sharpened to a point and inserted it into a stick of wood. We kept sharpening the nails when they got dull. It worked much better than anything we could have bought.
Feb 13, 2007
Closing in the open sided machine shed1478 viewsGrandpa, our boys, and their cousins working together had a great time one Saturday.
Feb 13, 2007
78 files on 2 page(s) 2